A good employee is hard to find. In 2018, perhaps even more so – as a taut labor market is poised to make filling vacancies somewhat trickier in the New Year.
A premier staffing company like Maslow Media Group can help. Here are just five reasons to consider hiring one.
- Time: It’s your most valuable commodity, and when a vacancy is in the mix it quickly becomes consumed by job postings, résumé shuffling, fielding and screening phone calls, and ultimately the interview process itself. But you also have a business to run, and putting your current employees first can result in the hiring process being stretched out indefinitely, if not put on the back burner. A staffing company can cut to the chase. They separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak, and provide only the candidates that best fit the mold you and your company have established. This helps you to select your ideal employee in the shortest possible timeframe.
- Talent: Whatever your job may be – sound design, cinematography, or high end news production –chances are, you are an expert in your given field. A staffing agency’s job is to find the right person for the right employment opportunity. In this arena, they have no equal. In other words, you won’t find any square pegs being pushed into round holes, here. Premier staffing agencies only endorse thoroughly vetted individuals who demonstrate skillsets that match your needs to a tee.
- Money: It’s a drastic understatement, but hiring a new employee is not only a massive and critical undertaking, but it’s also an expensive one. Training, testing, man hours, benefits, background checks, and obviously the new paycheck you will be cutting all contribute to the substantial cost of recruitment. If the person you invest so much time and capital in turns out to be a bust, you’ve just set your company back considerably. Many staffing agencies absorb costs such as criminal checks and drug screening outright, while their involvement significantly cuts down on in-house resources that would otherwise contribute to overhead.
- Flexibility: Again, premier staffing agencies do this for a living. They work with established networks comprising thousands of fulltime prospects and temporary hires – any one of whom may be able to benefit your company in some way, shape, or form. A temp-to-hire situation may be just what you need to get a new product or project off and running, while you take some time to decide if the relationship will be a good fit.
- An Inside Track: Hiring a premier staffing agency that specializes in your industry can put things on the fast track. In many cases, their recruiters once held jobs that mirror the positions you are now hiring for. This expertise is invaluable, as the agency often has a pool of highly qualified and available candidates to choose from.
MMG is the comprehensive resource for the film and television industry. Our global network of production professionals and our experienced Production Management Team can fill every requirement of your staffing needs.
For more than 30 years, we have made a name for ourselves by recruiting professionals and crews, interviewing and screening employees, and managing HR, Payroll, and other benefits. We staff at all levels:
Whether you need to fill temporary positions, are in the market for a full-time direct placement, or need to staff an entire film crew, MMG can help! Contact us today.