It is estimated that approximately 11.5 million people quit their jobs during the spring and summer of 2021, a mass exodus that has since been dubbed “The Great Resignation.”
With millions of vacancies nationwide, companies have been scrambling to hire and retain required talent, with ads promoting massive sign on bonuses and free rides to college posted in the windows of fast-food chains and big box stores.
Placing individuals in the proper roles has become incredibly challenging. There are many reasons: persisting COVID fears, stimulus funds, a lack of childcare, and a higher demand for work-from-home scenarios to name just a few.
For hiring parties, the script has been flipped.
Job seekers seem to have a new kind of clout – and are using this leverage to land jobs that are aligned with their social and cultural values, as well as their financial needs.
These conditions are expected to continue well into the New Year.
So, how can you up your recruiting game during this Great Resignation, of ours?
It’s not easy, but there are a few great recruiting tips worth considering that can give you a slight edge:
- Home team advantage: The pandemic has been nothing short of nightmarish, but it also served as an eye-opener for both business owners and their employees when it came to working remotely. Hybrid workplace arrangements skyrocketed, and workers are finding it hard to give that flexibility up now. Many offices will never be able to move to a work-from-home model indefinitely, given the nature of their industry. But when it is within an employer’s power to grant – a hybrid structure can end up paying dividends in workforce morale.
- Culture shock. Again, a company’s culture has become a central selling-point when it comes to a job offer. Post-pandemic, expect this to remain make-it-or-break-it criteria for attracting and retaining top talent. Now’s the time to do some soul-searching companywide, and make certain that you eliminate any practices that could be considered toxic, and demonstrate that you value diverse thoughts, beliefs, and opinions.
- Refocus. Are you confident in your business’s message and mission? Is it at all possible that it has changed or evolved throughout the last two years? Gather your decision-makers and reevaluate what your driving motives are. It is likely, as we all have navigated a rollercoaster of a world, that they perfectly align with someone who wants and needs to work for your company.
- Hire a professional: During times like these, it’s good to have a specialist on your side who knows the ins and outs of attracting quality personnel. Outsource your recruiting needs to Maslow Media Group. We regularly team draws from an extensive global network of talent while helping you locate the perfect candidate to grow with and even lead your team.
We take care of everything:
- Thorough screenings
- Background/reference checks
- Performance monitoring
- And much more
Contact us today for more great recruiting tips and to learn how we can help.