With so many different hats to wear, balls to juggle, and fires to put out (in addition to a bevy of other workplace idioms) the Human Resources department is largely considered one of the most high-pressure and stressful places to work within an organization.
And with the New Year right around the corner, a slew of new HR-related stresses and responsibilities are on deck for companies nationwide.
Normal HR practices and functions keep employees satisfied, safe, and productive, while ensuring that your business’ efforts are in alignment with local, state, and federal regulations.
The truth, however, is that small to moderate sized businesses can often struggle with establishing an adequate HR infrastructure, and several even rely on non-HR personnel to fill in the gaps.
If this sounds all too familiar (not to mention, dangerous), it may be time to consider hiring an outsourced HR company, which can help reduce stress and maintain operational balance in a number of ways, including:
- Administrative relief: An outsourced HR company can help your company streamline critical processes, such as Payroll, employee relations, benefits administration, and much more. Better yet, your employees interact with the outsourced company directly regarding any questions and/or concerns.
- Boosted efficiency: By outsourcing the aforementioned responsibilities, business owners are able to refocus in-house resources on mission critical tasks, such as building revenue and pursuing new leads. Internal HR personnel can focus on more strategic endeavors, such as talent building.
- Compliance: Perhaps the most dreaded of all HR functions is remaining knowledgeable of and compliant with an ever-moving, ever-changing roster of state and federal laws and regulations, including ACA, FLSA overtime, OSHA, tax law, immigration law, independent contractor guidelines, and much, much more. Your outsourced HR company should take the reins regarding all of the above, lightening the load significantly and helping you to avoid costly penalties, fines, and worse.
- Heightened recruitment: The ideal outsourced HR company will provide professional support and expertise throughout every stage of the hiring process, which can not only save your business time and money but may ultimately result in a more qualified talent bench. Recruiting tasks can include, but are not limited to:
- Job posting
- Background checks
- Improved access to benefits: An outsourced HR company offers increased negotiating prowess, which often results in greater access to better health benefits for small to medium sized businesses. Ultimately, this gives these businesses a more competitive edge when it comes to obtaining talent and helps to eliminate turnover.
As your premier outsourced HR company, Maslow Media Group offers comprehensive managed services – from payroll to insurance to employee benefits and more – to maximize your company’s potential and reach. Contact us today to discover how we can help you.